Unifor Local 1917’s Hall, located on Silvercreek Parkway in Guelph is a designated historical schoolhouse that dates back to the mid-1860s.
The school was closed in 1962 and sold to the United Electrical Workers.
UEW, initially under Canadian Auto Workers Local 541, was subsequently sold to Canadian Auto Workers Local 1917, and in September 2013 the CAW and the CEP formed the new union, Unifor. The interior has been modernized, and the main school room has been retained for event space which has been open to the community since 1962.
For more rental information, including cost, click here.
Sorry, nothing found.